The Syracuse Biathlon Club hosted its second race of the summer on Saturday, 9/10, under clear skies despite the gloom and doom weather of the week. The event featured a 5km modified pursuit and a paintball race, hosted at Pratt’s Falls, Pompey, NY. The race attracted the most beginners that race director Kurt Donath had ever seen, which is great for the event and for the sport! Nine novices competed in four classes: Novice Men, Novice Women, Novice Boys, and Novice Girls. One men’s grandmaster, Pete Daddy, competed in the match division! All the other regulars must have been under water in PA.
1. Evan Kiska, miss:19, 0:42:22
2. Nick Andrews, miss:15, 1:00:41
1. Jeremy Burton, miss:16, 0:34:58
2. Keisuke Inoue, miss:12, 0:39:30
3. Marty Di Battista, miss:14, 0:40:22
1. Kate Eiskate, miss:9, 0:47:47
2. Sarah Webb, miss:15, 1:03:42
This event concluded a successful season of summer events hosted by the Syracuse Biathlon Club. Now if it would just snow, we can start the next season!